Small start-ups have taken a lead on enterprises in their adoption of big data, by embedding analytics into the heart of their applications, according to Amazon Web Services.As the cloud has grown, prices for rentable computing power have come down, while scale-out applications like Hadoop have evolved to analyse large quantities of data, Werner Vogels, Amazon Web Service's (AWS) chief technology officer, said in a keynote speech at the AWS Summit 2012 in London.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)