With the acquisition of Trolltech, Nokia has made its largest bet yet on changing the course of the industry
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Murdock has penned in more market cap than Microsoft has, and is building something solid on that base that applications can be written to, regardless of distribution or user interface. Write your program to the LSB, in other words, and it will run on Novell or Ubuntu, under KDE or GNOME.
In a move that could appeal to customers ready to ditch Microsoft after the summer's spate of worms and viruses, Xandros announced its latest desktop version of Linux on Wednesday. The update to the operating system is based on Debian GNU/Linux, a fully free version of the open-source software, and the KDE desktop system.
If you're only after speed, try Safari but keep your other browser, too. Security buffs should skip Safari for now.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks