CESaver is a scheduler which changes the status of your local or networked Windows computer or Windows server to Power Off, Standby...
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
One of the touted features of the $200 OLPC laptop is the peer-to-peer mesh topology networking feature that can theoretically bring an Internet infrastructure where there is no network infrastructure. The problem is that peer-to-peer wireless LAN mesh topology sounds better than it actually works and there's a good reason it isn't used commercially.
The Belkin N1 is good looking and very easy to set up and use, but could do with more business-oriented features.
I suppose if I were an Apple investor and I heard Apple gets away with selling a new OS to its customers nearly every single year, I would be extremely delighted. But since I'm not, I have to wonder how delighted Microsoft users would be if Microsoft had done the same thing and charged for Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 which not only fixed security bugs but also added new features such as leading edge Wireless LAN management technology.
Toshiba has done a splendid job with the Tecra 9000, which delivers a comprehensive set of features (including wireless LAN) plus good battery life, all wrapped up in a well-designed package.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Election 2016: How to filter politically sanctimonious Facebook posts from your news feed
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks