The two firms say they have achieved the fastest fiber speeds to date.
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Alcatel-Lucent has appointed former BT chief executive Ben Verwaayen as its new chief executive
Verwaayen returns to his roots
This morning's Guardian reports that BT is rethinking its future mobile strategy with a number of other papers predicting the wholesale spinning off of the company's BT Wireless arm as the UK telco looks to overcome its escalating debts.
Lucent Technologies Thursday announced that it has received a letter of award from BT for a five-year agreement to build an optical network in the UK that will form the backbone of BT's next-generation Global Transport Network (GTN), the company said. Both parties expect an agreement to be concluded in early December.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)