COBOL apps for IBM System z mainframes should see improved performance following the latest release of IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS.
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Microsoft is touting Windows Server 2003 as the OS that will push aside Unix and mainframes. But most customers will be upgrading from NT 4--and at a slow pace, analysts say.
Market research company Meta Group takes a swing at Linux, saying that Linux mainframes will soon be irrelevant and that the OS isn't mature enough to handle critical business applications.
Mainframes should take up the biggest space at this year's LinuxWorld as the OS has breathed new life into the old industry standby. Corporations are beginning to take notice
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)