USB 3.0 is just making a dent in the marketplace, and Intel is already talking about a new cable that may signal the end for USB altogether.
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Intel has rolled out a beta of a store dubbed AppUp to aggregate software for netbooks and Asus, Acer, Dell and Samsung plant to integrate their hardware with the marketplace. The big question: Do we need one?
Microsoft and Intel recently backed HD-DVD over Blu-Ray for next generation DVDs. This could be a wise bet, given the format's cost and compatibility benefits which could lead to its success in the marketplace.
To promote its new energy-saving processor, Intel will have to overcome a marketplace obstacle that it helped create: buyers who judge a chip by its clock speed.
Be Inc's operating system will be included in some Hitachi PCs it has been announced this week. The operating system was originally designed to run on Macs, but Be is keen to target multimedia applications in the mainstream Intel PC marketplace.
Chip giant Intel Corp. today released a faster version of its Celeron microprocessor, aimed at the low-cost PC marketplace, and announced price cuts on its other desktop microprocessors.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 ZDNet Cloud TV: Hurdles to overcome (highlights)
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks