Netflix begins the deployment of their own content delivery network
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Netflix starts appealing to customers (and ISPs) in more subtle ways with the introduction of its own content delivery network, Open Connect.
Dish Network unveiled its Blockbuster Movie Pass rental offering today, but it still has a long way to go to catch up to Netflix and others.
It’s finally happened. A major ISP, Comcast, is "taxing" Level 3 Communications for streaming Netflix movies to your door. Welcome to the end of network neutrality.
Netflix said Level 3 will become the company's primary content delivery network provider for its streaming video. Worries about Netflix taking its CDN business elsewhere have put pressure on Akamai all week.
Spam, which uses the same port as regular e-mail traffic, thus becomes the convenient excuse for eliminating the open Internet and creating a new, carrier-controlled network in which innovative services like Netflix Video on Demand can be killed, because they threaten cable's business model.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)