The web standards body W3C has published a draft specification for an API to allow web apps to use NFC-enabled hardware in mobile devices.
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
AT&T's mobility chief Ralph de la Vega likes the early data on NFC mobile payment trials in Austin and Salt Lake City.
On this week's Technolatte podcast, the Australian team looks at data retention, Microsoft Surface, and switching from a cash to a mobile economy.
The IT head of supermarket giant Coles yesterday expressed extreme hesitance to move any customer data to the cloud or conduct an expansive trial of near-field communication (NFC) payments technology, saying that security and data privacy issues keep him up at night.
photo At CommunicAsia 2010, local innovations get showcased by Singapore's Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*Star) and the Infocomm Development Authority.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Election 2016: How to filter politically sanctimonious Facebook posts from your news feed
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks