Ofcom and the FTC are the latest government agencies to start work on their strategies for, and responses to, the IoT.
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Ofcom chief Ed Richards has warned operators that the government may change telecoms regulation if constant litigation threats continue to delay the 4G spectrum auction
The government has approved a rise in the maximum fine that communications regulator Ofcom can levy on companies that make silent and abandoned calls
Ed Richards, a former prime ministerial advisor, has become top dog at the communications watchdog
An influential government report warns that today's dominant telecoms firms will still be very powerful in 10 years' time - Ofcom must work hard to ensure fair play
Lord David Currie has little experience of telecommunications, but the government says his economics background and a stint as gas regulator will be enough
The government believes that the appointment of a board of executives to run Ofcom will 'depersonalise' the relationship between BT and the regulator, and thereby improve its performance.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers
- 2 Hands-on with Windows 10: Installing the latest Technical Preview
- 3 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 4 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 5 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)