Data centers that do not handle credit card data can strive to meet Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, but compliance is one-off and may give organizations false sense of security, experts warn.
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Lush cosmetics has admitted that its website was in breach of security standards and that its database was "old" when it was cracked, exposing an unknown number of credit cards to thieves.
Commentary--In response to numerous occurrences of data theft, standards were designed to protect cardholder information and must be implemented--or else.
Want to put a VPN or firewall on your network card? A new class of product handles all the processing, keeping your server free to do the hard work.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks