In the red hot cloud computing market, major players such as Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM and VMware now offer their own distribution of OpenStack. Meanwhile, Piston Cloud is playing its security, management and installation as differentiators. Will it work?
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
The privately-held cloud player will be snapped up for an undisclosed sum as the networking giant aims to bolster its inter-connected cloud effort, run on open-source OpenStack.
Cisco and Red Hat are expanding their partnership to focus on OpenStack integrated infrastructure.
Noting that Cisco and HP are running CloudStack-enabled Ubuntu Linux on their cloud platforms, Ubuntu and Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth said today at OpenStack Summit that Ubuntu 12.10 with the latest incarnation of OpenStack called 'Folsom" is now available and that the "'Folsom" upgrade path for Ubuntu 12.04 is also ready
The project to bring open source and open standards to the cloud unveils Bexar, its second major release, as Canonical and Cisco join the OpenStack community
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)