Reuters: UK cable company NTL reported a small first-quarter operating profit on Tuesday and announced plans to reduce its workforce by about a third following its merger with rival Telewest....Of the 6,000 job cuts, mostly in back-office operations, roughly half will be outsourced to companies including IBM Chief Executive Steve Burch said in a conference call....
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers
- 3 Hands-on with Windows 10: Installing the latest Technical Preview
- 4 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 5 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)