Microsoft's latest bundle of Windows Azure enhancements includes some new virtualization capabilities that ultimately may help blur the IaaS-PaaS distinction.
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
Microsoft has an "ambition" to make some of Windows Azure's platform-as-a-service components free, after the IT giant announced sweeping changes to the service that ratcheted up its competition with Amazon Web Services.On Tuesday Microsoft's general manager for Windows Azure, Bill Hilf, told ZDNet UK that the company is contemplating making some of Azure's PaaS features free in an attempt to spur developer adoption.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)