A security lapse in Tumblr's app for iPhone and iPad has resulted in the company leaving a cryptic message for users to reset their passwords.
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
The recent remote wipe attack through Apple's Find My ... service on a Wired reporter's Mac, iPhone and iPad shows that local backups, system clones and strong passwords are more important than ever.
A German research firm has demonstrated how passwords stored on an iPhone can be retrieved in less than six minutes without needing to know the passcode.Researchers from German engineering and research firm Fraunhofer tested the hack on an iPhone 4 and iPad 3G running iOS 4.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks