The first patent-related court showdown between Apple and Motorola in the US since Google bought Motorola has been scrapped, after a Chicago judge decided neither company could back up the levels of damages they were calling for.Apple sued Motorola in 2010 over Apple patents allegedly used without a licence in Motorola's Android phones and tablets.
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Klausner Technologies, a company founded by Judah Klausner who invented the PDA, is suing Apple, AT&T over iPhone's visual voicemail patents. For good measure Klausner is suing Comcast, Cablevision and eBay's Skype.
The software maker is granted its first U.S. patent for synchronizing, or updating, data between a central computer and electronic devices such as Palm handheld computers.
Orang-Otang monkey around with personal computing
Agenda Computing plans to be the first company in the world to launch a "pure Linux PDA", through an April 3, 2001 launch of its VR3 PDA at Comdex Chicago.
2:00 PM PT The creators of the Claudia Schiffer-edition PDA are preparing to do it again for the former Chicago Bull, who will receive at least $3.5 million over three years.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks