The first patent-related court showdown between Apple and Motorola in the US since Google bought Motorola has been scrapped, after a Chicago judge decided neither company could back up the levels of damages they were calling for.Apple sued Motorola in 2010 over Apple patents allegedly used without a licence in Motorola's Android phones and tablets.
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
There are several issues inhibiting the growth of cloud computing including a lack of accepted international standards, concerns about security, concerns about audit ability, concerns about performance and the fact that many workloads are made up of components that would be difficult to re-host.It appears that Zimory has thought deeply about these issues and has patents pending on solutions to many of these issues. Some issues, on the other hand, such as automatically re-hosting ill-behaved, badly designed components will require some re-coding.
US mobile phone maker insists that its patents are only intended to increase phone performance and efficiency, not to prevent brain tumours
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks