Not to be outdone by the rumors that Apple's iTV will (eventually) arrive with a built-in Siri of its own, Google has filed for a patent for a voice-based remote control that would tie into Google TV.
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Inventor Judah Klausner filed a voice mail patent lawsuit on Tuesday against Google, Verizon Communications, and others. Verizon has already sued Klausner over the validity of his patents.
Ever since the "patent infringement" hissing and dissing match between Microsoft and the open source community flared up earlier this week, I've been wondering how Asterisk open source solution providers are looking at this issue.True, none of the 236 open source patents Microsoft is claiming infringement upon directly relate to voice.
A court rules that Microsoft did not violate a set of controversial voice digitization patents, in a case that could have roiled the VoIP and computer industries if the patents had been upheld as valid.
Germany adds its voice to those who oppose software patents in Europe, on the grounds that they could kill innovation. Will it make any difference?
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 Hands-on with Windows 10: Installing the latest Technical Preview
- 4 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 5 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)