The first patent-related court showdown between Apple and Motorola in the US since Google bought Motorola has been scrapped, after a Chicago judge decided neither company could back up the levels of damages they were calling for.Apple sued Motorola in 2010 over Apple patents allegedly used without a licence in Motorola's Android phones and tablets.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)