Security is being embedded in the core of Cisco's engineering efforts as the networking company looks to expand upwards and into the cloud, according to chief executive John Chambers.Chambers, who was speaking at Cisco Live in London after a visit to the World Economic Forum at Davos, told the audience that "economists on a global basis are saying [employee] productivity can grow two, three, four, five percent a year.
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Leading security expert Bruce Schneier has warned businesses to beware of buying shoddy security products.
The company's partnership with SoonR, announced at the Symbian Smartphone Show in London, will result in automated backup for users of the Symbian-based office productivity suite
Microsoft has no plans to tweak its Office productivity suite for Linux anytime soon, despite the growing popularity of open source on the desktop, according to a company executive.Speaking at the LinuxWorld conference in London on Wednesday, Nick McGrath, Microsoft's head of platform strategy, said that the software maker had no intention of porting Office to any of the Linux desktop distributions.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 ZDNet Cloud TV: Hurdles to overcome (highlights)
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks