Hewlett-Packard rolls out ProLiant Generation 8 servers which it says are designed to raise cost efficiencies and productivity in datacenter management. New offerings part of US$300 million, two-year Project Voyager program.
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Hewlett-Packard refreshed its ProLiant server line with the latest Intel Xeon processors as well as automation and energy management technologies.
Yesterday at Oracle OpenWorld, Larry Ellison announced the database giant's first foray into the hardware realm, unveiling the HP/Oracle Database Machine, branded as Exadata. The Exadata system is a combination of Oracle's 11g database engine using Automated Storage Management (ASM) to manage a grid of HP Proliant servers with 12 SATA or SAS drives each, connected to database servers via InfiniBand.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)