The BlackBerry Technology Solutions division comprises several of the company’s key technology assets such as QNX embedded software, Project Ion, and its portfolio of roughly 44,000 patents.
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Research In Motion has given games developers tools to help them code for the BlackBerry Tablet operating system.The company released a beta version of a native software development kit (SDK) for the PlayBook, currently the only slate to run the QNX-based BlackBerry Tablet OS, on Wednesday.
Research in Motion is making a play for the automotive market, announcing today its acquisition of QNX Software Systems from Harman International. QNX brings an open platform operating system to the game and RIM is looking to advance it in the automotive world.
Commentary--It’s a battle of mores--more features, more megapixels, more connectivity options--and it’s creating products that people find harder and harder to use, says QNX Software CEO Dan Dodge.
Commentary--Thousands of attacks demonstrate that building a secure perimeter around our computer systems is no longer enough, says QNX Software CEO Dan Dodge.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks