The Cloud Foundry Foundation will be backed by ActiveState, CenturyLink, EMC, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Rackspace, SAP and VMware.
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
According to Rackspace CTO John Engates, the dedicated VMware VCenter Servers will allow customers to migrate VMware workloads from their data centers to Rackspace facilities.
Although it could lose customers due to its no-vendor lock-in policy, Rackspace has opened up the ability to move VMware workloads to and from its datacentres.
OpenStack is to cloud computing as Linux is to the client operating system, and it will enjoy a similar level of success, according to Rackspace's chief strategy officer Lew Moorman.Moorman told ZDNet UK on Tuesday that OpenStack, or an equivalent open-source infrastructure system like it, will be picked up to drive cloud services as it eliminates the software cost of running a basic cloud service.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Best 10 smartphones at the close of 2014
- 5 Hands-on with Windows 10: Installing the latest Technical Preview