ReadyNAS OS 6, with support for the BTRFS filesystem, lies at the heart of Netgear's updated SME-focused range of NAS boxes.
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
The ReadyNAS NV+ v2 is nicely designed and built, and Netgear's X-RAID2 technology does a good job of managing the 4-bay array discreetly. The web-based management tool's redesigned UI is an improvement, but we'd like to see more more add-ons for the new ARM-based platform.
Networking and storage vendors have been vying for the dwindling IT budgets of SMEs for some time, and Netgear is no exception. The company has just announced some additions to its rapidly-diversifying range of ReadyNAS storage devices, most important of which is the new ReadyNAS Pro range of NAS boxes.
The ReadyNAS rack-mounted appliance, aimed at the SMB market, will eventually hold up to 24TB as new drives become available
Cloud computing is one of the buzzwords for 2009, so I guess it's no surprise that Netgear is jumping on the bandwagon with its announcement that its ReadyNAS Vault service is bringing "cloud backup" to its network storage devices.On its surface, ReadyNAS Vault doesn't sound so different from the online backup features that some NAS manufacturers make available to their customers.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Election 2016: How to filter politically sanctimonious Facebook posts from your news feed
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks