IBM put out a study datelined one minute past midnight this Thursday morning commenting on the fact that outside of netbooks, the recession has largely put the kibosh on PC growth. There is according to IBM, however, an area of PC investment that actually saves money for a company: the Linux desktop.
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
In Part 1, I discussed the four Free Linux distributions that are best position to provide extended support and ample functionality to an end user through a protracted recession, as well as having the characteristic "safeness" or "stability" factor in terms of being able to weather the economic storm -- i.e.
Times are tough. You're a computer geek and you need to feed your PC with the latest and greatest applications.
Mobile World Congress 2008 was short on jaw-dropping announcements, but provided a fascinating glimpse into an industry on the brink of turmoil
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks
- 5 ZDNet Cloud TV: Impact of cloud on HR (highlights)