In troubled economic times the attractions of free software become increasingly obvious, and even for die-hard users of Microsoft Office, the prospect of upgrading to Office 2010 in Q1 next year may prove too much to contemplate. After all, Office 2007 essentially rearranged the deckchairs with the ribbon interface didn't it?
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
The latest beta of Microsoft Office is out. Now there's a clickable ribbon across the top, replacing those drop-down boxes. CNET's software expert Elsa Wenzel gives you a look at some of the more important changes.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 Hands-on with Windows 10: Installing the latest Technical Preview
- 4 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 5 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)