A House of Lords committee has told the government that current data-roaming charges are "unacceptably high" and are deterring use of smartphones and connected services while abroad.The House of Lords EU sub-committee on Internal Market, Energy and Transport, wrote to Ed Vaizey, minister for culture, communications and creative industries on Tuesday to call for greater regulation of wholesale and retail pricing for data roaming.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)