Companies will not combine data from different sources for analytics purposes to an extent where customers are alienated, according to Salesforce chief executive Marc Benioff.Businesses that use too much information gleaned from social networks to inform sales and marketing relationships will suffer reputational damage from customers broadcasting their dissatisfaction, Benioff said at a press conference in London on Wednesday.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks
- 5 ZDNet Cloud TV: Impact of cloud on HR (highlights)