Data Robotics, maker of the Drobo desktop and network storage products based on the company's proprietary BeyondRAID technology, has announced a new range targeted at small and medium-sized businesses.
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Microsoft has just announced the release of a public beta of the next version of Windows Home Server (WHS), the operating system that powers its SME and consumer network storage and backup devices, such as the HP StorageWorks X510 Data Vault we reviewed recently.Codenamed 'Vail', this new version of WHS is notable chiefly for being based on Windows Server 2008 R2 — a major upgrade from the current version, which uses Windows Server 2003 SP2 as the underlying OS.
Backup and archiving may not head the IT agendas of many small businesses, but for reasons of business continuity and regulatory compliance, the prudent SME will be formulating a data retention strategy. We examine the options.
Optus' answer in eliminating the need for costly deployment of new networking infrastructure is the EXPAN IP Storage, a fully managed, online data storage solution for IP users in the SME and large corporate sectors."This is ideal for companies with an IP infrastructure requiring a networked repository.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers
- 2 Hands-on with Windows 10: Installing the latest Technical Preview
- 3 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 4 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 5 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)