Typing Assistant auto-completes your frequently used words and phrases anywhere. It makes typing faster, more intelligent and lowers...
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
The Microsoft security update, now pushed out to PCs rather than just available in the Download Center, ensures that web services using RSA keys will no longer trust certificates with keys shorter than 1024 bits. That said, most apps and services should already be on 2048-bit RSA.
Microsoft has provided a detailed explanation of how desktop search will work in Windows 8, spelling out a future where the default results will all be apps.In a blog post on Tuesday, Search, View and Command User Experience Team program manager Brian Uphoff described how search would work on Windows 8's new Metro user interface.
Windows XP users who install the operating system's third service pack will not be able to roll back their versions of Internet Explorer, Microsoft's deployment manager for Internet Explorer 8 has warned.
Having completed the formalities naming its next mainstream operating system release, Microsoft has been spelling out features and positioning for the software formally known as 'Memphis'.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks
- 5 ZDNet Cloud TV: Impact of cloud on HR (highlights)