It's only about a month since iOS 8.0 was released so there's not much new in security patches to add to 8.1. Two of the fixes also show up in a new Apple TV version.
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
There have been some pretty bad vulnerabilities before Heartbleed. Is it really any more severe than CodeRed or Blaster?
Apple rushed the release of iOS 7.0.6 on Friday with a patch for a shockingly overlooked SSL encryption issue that leaves iPhone, iPad and Mac computer users open to a man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack.
Nobody expects old technology to go on forever. But giving new iPhone users a year before abandoning them to the hackers is a low shot from a high-tech company
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 ZDNet Cloud TV: Hurdles to overcome (highlights)
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks