Sun and IBM could not have asked for better timing for the launch of OpenOffice 3, a major upgrade of the open source office suite.Both vendors are preparing to ship commercial offerings of StarOffice and Symphony based on the new OO 3 release and have a grand marketing opportunity if they heed what their target audiences really need.
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
David Berlind: Sun and Microsoft decided not to extend legal protection for StarOffice customers to OpenOffice licensees. Should open source customers be worried? Probably not. But Red Hat and IBM -- now they may have something to worry about.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 ZDNet Cloud TV: Hurdles to overcome (highlights)
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks