BT is to add 25,000 extra hotspots to its Wi-Fi network ahead of the London 2012 Olympics.The telco plans to have 500,000 hotspots up and running in time for the Games, which kick off on 27 July.
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Organisers of the 2012 London Olympics are testing BT's cloud-based voice network for the event, the telco said on Wednesday.BT said it has delivered the network, based on Cisco hosted unified communications technology, to connect 25 Olympic venues.
Telco has made a £15.8m offer for the London-based consumer ISP, which claims to have around 62,000 customers
BT stock tumbled in London this morning after the telco announced a new share issue. BT Shares were down 5.63 per cent to 536.5p at 09:25(BST). But overall European stocks remained flat as investors wait to see if the European central bank and Bank of England decide to cut interest rates today.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 ZDNet Cloud TV: Hurdles to overcome (highlights)
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks