Ticketek was effectively knocked offline for "thousands" of music fans this morning as 200,000 tickets for a U2 tour went on sale. Ticketek, which is one of Australia's most popular online ticket booking sites, takes precautions to limit the number of people that can access its Web site on a "Hot Show Day", which is when an unusual rush of visitors is expected due to popular tickets going on sale.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Election 2016: How to filter politically sanctimonious Facebook posts from your news feed
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks