The company has reorganised its cloud-based communications portfolio and added new features, such as a smartphone app and web client for IP-based voice and a Microsoft Lync-based UC suite.
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Cisco is making some significant changes to the way the company sells UC licenses to better cater to mobile employees.
The supermarket giant Tesco is examining facial recognition technology that could help it recognise high-value shoppers and shoplifters, according to NEC.NEC senior marketing coordinator George Gimenez told ZDNet UK at the Unified Communications (UC) Expo 2011 in London that Tesco is interested in the technology, called Neoface, because it could help the company identify its top customers as they walk into a branch.
The communications company Britannic Technologies has launched a hosted telephony platform called netPBX.Unveiled on Tuesday at the Unified Communications (UC) Expo in London, netPBX is a subscription-based service aimed at home workers and branch locations.
The communications company says OpenScape UC Server makes it less reliant on Microsoft, but admits the server product doesn't yet support some of Siemens's own apps
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)