A new IBM-designed operating system has been deployed to speed up Visa's fraud-detecting computers, in a move that Visa said would save a whopping US$1.5 billion in fraudulent transactions.
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Given the propensity of Home Office IT systems to fail, concerns expressed by universities about the biometrics process for foreign students are valid, according to a parliamentary committee
SAN FRANCISCO -- If you're anxious for the day you can use digital cash to shop online or store your medical, bank and every other personal record in your life on a credit card, here's a word of advice: Don't hold your breath.Or at least that seemed to be the takeaway of a surprisingly frank hour-long panel discussion at the Smart Card Forum on Wednesday among execs from Citibank, Visa International, American Express, IBM Corp.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks