1 of 7Image
Six clicks: Cool camera effects on the HTC One (M8)
I've been using the HTC One (M8) for a couple of weeks and am finding the camera to be much more enjoyable and useful than I originally gave it credit for in my review. The new One will be available in all major US carrier stores next Friday and I wanted to show you a few of the cool effects that may convince you it is a device to consider.
The opening shot above is one taken in selfie mode with the 5 megapixel front facing camera. It has a wide-angle lens and I would call it a "friendie" mode since you can fit in much more than just yourself.
Click on through the gallery to see more about this slick new Duo camera hardware and software.
- HTC One M8 review: More metal, same limited detail UltraPixel camera
- HTC One (M8) camera exposed: Two cameras are not always better than one
- 8 reasons to buy the new HTC One (M8)
- HTC One (M8) Dot View case: Retro 8-bit look with front cover gestures
- My year with the HTC One; still my favorite smartphone of all time
- The HTC One is the best smartphone I have ever used (review)
Here you can see how UFocus let's you choose to focus on the distant object or the closer object to create two different images.
The secondary upper rear camera is used to capture the depth information needed to create this shot. It is important to keep everything in auto mode while also not covering the upper camera lens to add these effects.