1 of 7Image
As we move from an era where the desktop and notebook PC ruled to one where smartphones and tablets are dominant, we have to get used to working more and more on devices that have smaller screens plus limited storage and battery life. But with a few well-thought-out accessories, you can get the most out of your mobile gear.
Previously on Six clicks:
- What we think we know about Windows 9
- Essential PC, smartphone and tablet repair tools
- Cheap or free upgrades to squeeze more power from any PC
- Top smartphones revealed at MWC 2014
While people paid a premium for more RAM and a faster processor on PCs, it is storage that commands a premium price on post-PC devices such as smartphones and tablets. Apple charges an extra $100 for an extra 16GB if you want to upgrade to a 32GB iPhone or iPad, and this means that in real terms you are paying $6.25 per gigabyte.
Put that another way, a 4GB HD movie is costing you $25 in storage on a 32GB iPhone or iPad!
A cheaper option, when it comes to getting extra storage on a smartphone or tablet, is to opt for a wireless hard drive, and one of the best options available is the 1TB Seagate Wireless Plus (CNET review). You can:
- Wirelessly stream your media and files to tablets, smartphones, Mac or Windows PCs
- Carry 500+ movies or thousands of songs, photos and documents
- Free Seagate Media app for iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire and Android devices
- Stream up to three different HD movies to three devices at the same time
- Enjoy up to 10-hour battery life for a true wire-free experience