1 of 6Image
Honeywell Lyric Smart Thermostat
Nest, now owned by Google, may have been the first to release a smart thermostat to mass market, but Honeywell has decades of experience in thermostat engineering and design.
Aside from smart learning capabilities and remote smartphone control, Honeywell's competitive offering, the Lyric ($235 street), provides the following features:
- Geofencing automatically regulates temperature when you’re away.
- Fine Tune considers temperature and humidity.
- Smart Cues keep you informed.
- Shortcuts create custom settings for recurring events.
- Motion-sensing display lights up on approach.
- Control the system from anywhere with your smart devices.
Aros smart window-mount air conditioner
If you have a small apartment or don't have central air conditioning, you can still reap the benefits of automatic and smart climate control. A partnership between GE and Quirky has released the 8000 BTU Aros window-mounted smart air conditioner, which streets at about $270.