South Korea's NHN Corporation is planning to set up two units to focus more on its mobile business.
The operator of the country's top portal Naver.com said it had won board approval to inject 40 billion won (US$37 million) each to "Camp Mobile" and "LINE Plus," according to a report Wednesday by Yonhap news.
Under the plan, NHN will completely own Camp Mobile, which will pioneer NHN's new mobile services, noted the article.
The company have a 40 percent stake in "LINE Plus," with its Japanese affiliate NHN Japan will hold the remaining 60 percent. The proposed unit is aimed at supporting its flagship mobile messenger "LINE," which has been downloaded over 100 million times since its launch in June 2011, said Yonhap.
NHN has its eye on ramping up its overseas expansion by stepping up marketing in China, Europe and the United States, noted the report. About 90 percent of LINE users are based overseas--with Japan, Thailand and Taiwan emerging as its three biggest markets.