Big data software player Splunk has made its Splunk Enterprise platform available on a mobile app for Apple's iOS-based devices.
Splunk is aiming for a fully optimized mobile UX with the iOS app. It will function much like the desktop version of the Enterprise platform, allowing users to access and query their machine data; view, annotate and share dashboards and reports; and receive real-time alert notifications.
The Splunk Mobile App connects users to their Splunk Enterprise deployment via the Splunk Mobile Access Server, which is available as a free download. It requires iOS 7.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Sanjay Mehta, VP of product marketing for Splunk, said in a statement:
Splunk deployments have become increasingly critical for our users, who now can benefit from the universal access and collaboration provided by the Splunk Mobile App. It seamlessly and securely puts Operational Intelligence at our customers' fingertips, whenever and wherever they need it.
- Tableau and Splunk partner up
- Splunk eyes industry, enterprise expansion: Can it scale sales?
- Splunk's Q4 expenses run hot as it adds salespeople
- Splunk upgrades app for Microsoft Exchange
- Splunk upgrades app for VMware
- Splunk upgrades Hunk and Enterprise platforms
- Splunk: Can it be a back-end smart home play?