The new HTC One (M8), see my review, is a fantastic new Android phone with outstanding audio functionality. Today, Sprint and HTC announced an exclusive Harman-Kardon HTC One (M8) with a focus on music.
HTC sold back their Beats Audio shares late last year and removed the Beats integration from this year's version of the One. The integrated amplified headphone jack and front facing stereo speakers both sound better this year even without the Beats integration.
According to CNET's Roger Cheng's live blog transcript of the event, Sprint and HTC will include Harman-Kardon earbuds in each package. These earbuds have a value of $140 so that seems like a pretty good deal for earbuds right out of the box.
CNET has an image gallery of the new HTC One (M8) as they get the chance to spend some hands-on time with the device.
This Sprint exclusive HTC One will still has the FM radio, but includes more exclusive content. If you are on a Framily plan then you will also enjoy six months of Spotify for free with a reduced price of $8/month after that. If you are not on a Framily plan, I just can't get used to that word, you will get three months free Spotify service. This new HTC One (M8) will be available on 9 May.
- HTC One M8 review: More metal, same limited detail UltraPixel camera
- Six clicks: Cool camera effects on the HTC One (M8)
- HTC One (M8) case roundup: STM, OtterBox, and Tech21
- HTC One (M8) camera exposed: Two cameras are not always better than one
- 8 reasons to buy the new HTC One (M8)
- My year with the HTC One; still my favorite smartphone of all time