- Kaspersky Work Space Security
- McAfee Total Protection for Endpoint
- Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- F-Secure Client Security
- Sophos Computer Security SBE 4.0
- Checkpoint ZoneAlarm Internet Security Professional
- ESET Smart Security Home Edition
- Alwil Avast! Professional Edition
- AVG Internet Security Network Edition
- Avira SmallBusiness Suite
Sophos Computer Security SBE 4.0
Target market: small- to medium-sized organisations
Price (including GST): AU$917.50 for 10 licences
Phone: 02 9409 9100
Sophos Computer Security SBE 4.0 is a small business package for both Mac- and Windows-based platforms. The solution is comprised of an arsenal of technologies for mitigating internet security threats.
A limited trial can be downloaded directly from the Sophos website. The windows version for a single client installer is around 62MB in size.
Default setting and features/option
A quick and easy installation, yet administrators should note that the client firewall component must be specified for installation within the default set-up wizard. Once installed, Sophos runs preconfigured with a high standard of firewall protection. The product has an easy-to-use and highly configurable user management interface.
Sophos did satisfactorily in both areas tested. Overall, it performed very well in malware tests with a total combined detection rate of 99 per cent. The firewall kept the host well hidden on the network.
(Credit: Enex TestLab)
|The bottom line||A good product for small business security that just works with the out-of-box settings.|
|ROI||Good "out of the box" performance at a fair price.|