Tibco on Tuesday launched the Tibco Cloud Bus, an integration platform as a service designed to enable more process messaging in a cloud environment.
The category, dubbed iPaaS, uses Tibco's Cloud Bus to integrate software as a service applications along with on-premise software. Tibco's aim is to enable customers to integrate various delivery models without building connectors.
Via Tibco's Cloud Bus IPaaS, the company is looking to enable its customers to deploy into the cloud without a lot of development time.
Among the key points:
- Tibco Cloud Bus has integration templates for apps like SAP and Salesforce.com.
- Configurations can be set up in minutes with integrations in hours.
- Templates can be customized.
- Changes are reflected in all cloud applications.
- Integrations are set for Tibco's tibbr, Salesforce, SAP, Foursquare, Evernote, Dropbox, Facebook, GetSatisfaction, Yammer, MailChimp, Amazon's Simple Queue Service and consumer services such as Flickr and Instagram.
Tibco Cloud Bus will run $5,000 a month for four connections and one environment with standard support. Add-ons for additional connections are $1,500 each or $4,000 for four a month.