1 of 12Image
Tablets are everywhere, and while Apple's iPad — along with its little brother, the iPad mini — commands the most media attention, there's no shortage of excellent Android alternatives to choose from.
Here are my top Android tablets for April 2014, including a waterproof and dustproof tablet for those of you who need rugged dependability.
All of the tablets featured here are very capable, powerful workhorses, and are ideal not only for home users, but also for enterprise users or those looking for a BYOD tablet. Any one of these will give you an excellent Android experience, and, when combined with the right apps, will allow you to get a lot of work done when you're away from your desk.
Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1
Samsung currently has a lot of tablets on the market — over 30 by my last count — so it looks like they are shotgunning the market with every size and shape tablet possible, and seeing what people want.
The selling point of the Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 is the "PRO" label. Samsung have packed this tablet with power so people can get their work done.
- KitKat (Android 4.4) with Samsung TouchWiz
- Exynos 5 Octa-core CPU with 2GB RAM
- 10.1-inch display at 2560 x 1600 pixels (with a pixel density of 299 pixels-per-inch)
- 8 MP rear camera with flash
- 2 MP front camera
- 16GB internal storage
- microSD card support
- With Galaxy Perks, you’ll also receive content and services like a $25 Google Play credit, three free months of Hulu Plus, 50GB of Dropbox space, and 1 year of Gogo Inflight Internet access and more