6 of 11Image
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
The Xperia Z2 Tablet is essentially features the Z2 smartphone expanded to tablet proportions.
The Xperia Z2 Tablet is slated to go on sale in the UK and wider Europe in March, and has been approved for AT&T in the U.S.
Not only is the tablet waterproof and dustproof, but this one is also thinner and lighter than Apple's iPad Air.
- KitKat (Android 4.4)
- 2.3GHz Snapdragon 801 processor with an Adreno 330 GPU
- 10.1-inch 1,920 by 1,200-pixel display
- 8.1MP rear camera
- 2.2 MP front camera
- 16GB and 32GB internal storage
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch
The Android market is dominated by Samsung, and it's no surprise that it has come out with a new 8-inch tablet – the Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch.
At $299, the Tab 3 8-inch is a bit pricey, but it's a good competitor to the iPad Mini for those who don't want to get caught up in the iOS/App Store lock-in web.
The best thing about the Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch is that it is essentially an upgraded Galaxy S II.
At a glance:
- 8-inch, 1280x800 display
- 1.5GHz Exynos 4212 dual-core processor
- Android 4.2 "Jelly Bean"
- 5 megapixel rear camera, and a 1.2 megapixel front camera
- USB 3.0
- 16GB storage of internal storage
- Battery life of about 11 hours
Price: from $299.
LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition
Do you like the Android operating system but hate all the customizations/bloat/crapware that tablet makers like to cram into it? If you answered "yes" then you are not alone, and LG have a tablet that might be of interest to you.
The LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition is a standard LG G Pad 8.3, but with the OS and all the trimmings deleted and a stock version of Android 4.4 "KitKat" loaded onto it instead.
The result is a solid, well-made tablet that runs the latest Android operating system.
- Android 4.4 "KitKat"
- 1.7GHz Snapdragon 600 processor with an Adreno 320 GPU
- 8.3-inch 1,920x1,200-pixel resolution with a pixel density of 273 pixels-per-inch
- 5MP rear camera
- 1.3MP front camera
- 16GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot