According to data compiled by MapLight, Google spent the most it has ever on lobbying federal agencies and Congress. It still trails the likes of AT&T, Verizon and Comcast though.
Topics D - G
Government 3,682 articles
Claims by tech giants Apple, Google, and Microsoft about how much tax the companies pay in Australia have been questioned by Australian Taxation Commissioner Chris Jordan.
Government : Asia 58 articles
Four areas of cooperation include a multilateral framework for governance, use of the Internet under UN scrutiny, clamping down on illegal online behavior, and joint efforts in protecting privacy.
Government : AU 568 articles
Australia and the UK have reached a deal aimed at helping tackle profit-shifting practices by multinational companies, such as Apple, Google, and Microsoft.
Government : UK 1,082 articles
The UK's Rural Payments Agency has stopped trying to make farmers use its new online service and gone back to paper forms. It's the RPA's second IT debacle, and its failure might have been predicted.
Government : US 1,776 articles
A former Amazon Marketplace seller has been charged with conspiring with other sellers to fix prices through Amazon.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks
- 5 ZDNet Cloud TV: Impact of cloud on HR (highlights)