The first U.S. phone to offer a 1.3-megapixel camera is set for release by Sony Ericsson in time for the holidays. CNET Editor in Chief Patrick Houston asks Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications' Suzanne Cross if the S710a's improved camera functionality comes at the expense of phone quality.
At Sun Microsystems' quarterly event, Sun CEO Scott McNealy reveals thelatest version of the Solaris operating system, Solaris 10. McNealytalks about the significance of the new operating system and how it fitsinto the company's overall software strategy.
From polyphonic "bling" tunes to live television, cell phones are quickly moving into the category of entertainment devices. But is this convergence due to consumer demand or a result of an industry looking for new revenue streams? Correspondent James Hilliard seeks an answer.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 33 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks