At Sun Microsystems' quarterly event, Sun CEO Scott McNealy reveals thelatest version of the Solaris operating system, Solaris 10. McNealytalks about the significance of the new operating system and how it fitsinto the company's overall software strategy.
From polyphonic "bling" tunes to live television, cell phones are quickly moving into the category of entertainment devices. But is this convergence due to consumer demand or a result of an industry looking for new revenue streams? Correspondent James Hilliard seeks an answer.
The delays for Microsoft's XP Service Pack 2 have made headlines for weeks. What should consumers consider in deciding when and how to install the update? Correspondent James Hilliard talks with CNET's Security Watch editor, Robert Vamosi, about the update's potential benefits and limitations.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 3 31 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 Seven privacy settings you should change immediately in iOS 8
- 5 Review: Tile Bluetooth tag (verdict: Great)