The delays for Microsoft's XP Service Pack 2 have made headlines for weeks. What should consumers consider in deciding when and how to install the update? Correspondent James Hilliard talks with CNET's Security Watch editor, Robert Vamosi, about the update's potential benefits and limitations.
Speaking to a packed house of engineering students at the University of California at Berkeley, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates gave his opinion on the role of open source and the company's relationship to it in a conversation with A. Richard Newton, dean of the school's College of Engineering.
Hoping consumers are ready to embrace Internet-delivered phone services, Linksys has announced a partnership with Verizon to provide its VoIP phone adapters to new Verizon subscribers . Correspondent James Hilliard asks Linksys founder Victor Tsao and Gartner analyst Ken Dulaney if the average consumer is ready for Internet telephony.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 ZDNet Cloud TV: Hurdles to overcome (highlights)
- 2 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 3 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 4 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 5 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks