Yahoo CEO Terry Semel sits down with Kara Swisher, author and columnist at The Wall Street Journal, in front of a packed house at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco, where he shares the early challenges of taking over the reins at Yahoo and his approach to keeping the company focused.
In an exclusive Face to Face interview with ZDNet Editor in Chief Dan Farber, VeriSign CEO Stratton Sclavos outlines his strategy to have at least half of all voice and data network interactions passing through his company's services by 2010.
A Gartner expert weighs in on Bill Gates' RSA Conference announcement of Microsoft's new, "proactive" approach for network security.
At the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, ZDNet's James Hilliard looks at a laptop prototype that features Bluetooth connectivity and closed-lid access to the unit's applications, while extending battery life.
Digital music players and services are becoming more prevalent at work, and that is having an impact on bandwidth requirements at companies. Jennifer Geisler, Sr. Marketing Manager for Packeteer shares her view on whether or not it's time for companies to ban such devices from work.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 2 34 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life
- 3 How much does an iPhone 6 really cost? (Hint: It's way more than $199)
- 4 So you have an app idea and want to make a bajillion bucks
- 5 ZDNet Cloud TV: Impact of cloud on HR (highlights)