At Sun Microsystems' quarterly launch event, Scott McNealy announces the company's intentions to buy server designer start-up Kealia. He also welcomes back a Kealia employee, Sun co-founder and first employee Andy Bechtolsheim, who will return to the company in a new role.
In an exclusive Face to Face interview with ZDNet Editor in Chief Dan Farber, Intel CTO Pat Gelsinger talks about the company's latest move into consumer electronics, the challenges of innovation, the competition and what it takes to stay ahead of the curve.
Ambassador Clifford Sobel speaks with ZDNet's Dan Farber at the High Tech Connections symposium in Silicon Valley. Formerly the chairman of Internet telephony company Net2Phone, Sobel said the Netherlands is focusing investment capital and resources on three areas: embedded systems, nanotechnology and broadband.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 The very best tech you can buy for $200 or less
- 2 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Smart, cheeky design, elegant software - and the end of an era
- 3 iPhone 6: Cool features you should be using
- 4 Perfectly legal ways you can still get Windows 7 cheap (or even free)
- 5 Anonymous seizes Ku Klux Klan Twitter account over Ferguson threats